I thought I would write about 15 things I am grateful for right now in my life – of course this list does not cover everything I am grateful for, just some of the things which sprung to mind.
- Clean water. Earlier today I saw a photo of a little girl drinking water out of a puddle in order to stay hydrated so I am most definitely grateful to be able to turn on the tap and have not only clean drinking water but also hot water when I want to get washed.
- Food – Although our financial situation isn’t good we can still afford healthy food so I am grateful for that.
- Partner – With billions of people on the planet I consider myself incredibly lucky to have met my partner and be in a loving long-term relationship.
- Pets – I have two gorgeous pets whom I love and adore, is there anything better than getting licked by a happy pet who wants to show their affection?
- Technology – I recently had my laptop revamped and I am enjoying it so much more now! I’m so grateful it’s so easy for me to write and edit stories and blog posts.
- Sight – Although I need an eye test right now I’m super grateful to be able to see all the different colours in the world – seeing wonderful colour scheme combinations on Pinterest makes me so happy!
- Hot drinks – There’s something so wonderful about hot drinks whether it’s British tea, coffee or hot chocolate, I really enjoy a hot drink and usually have at least one a day.
- My phone – My partner picked out my phone for me as he thought the dual lens camera would really suit me. It turns out he was right, I love this camera and I really enjoy recording snippets of our lives.
- NHS – Although the NHS is not perfect and is currently underfunded I’ve had some great experiences on the NHS and I never want to see it replaced with a private health care system.
- Literacy – Around 1 in 10 people worldwide are illiterate so I am super grateful to be able to read and enjoy books via my local library or second hand.
- Food diversity – When I was growing up food was a lot less diverse than it was now but over the past few years I’ve been blessed to try Spanish tapas, Japanese sushi, Mexican and eastern European cuisines. I really enjoy having such a wide variety available – it makes life really interesting!
- Internet – I’m still that annoying kid at heart who wants to ask 100 questions a day about the world, luckily for my family I now have Google!
- Legs – Everyday I like to take a short walk at least, though I often I go for longer walks where I find new places or just get some fresh air and thinking time so I’m going to add my legs to this list!
- Central heating – As someone who seems to be permanently cold, I am super grateful for central heating and can almost always be found next to a radiator.
- Video – I really love watching a wide variety of things, usually documentary-style programs – lately I am engrossed in restoration and renovation projects – the transformation of spaces from uninhabitable to a home one again. And all of this is only possible through the invention of video.
So there you have it, 15 things I am grateful for – what are you grateful for today? Share with me in the comments below!